The SJSC board is expected to approve the latest draft this week.
San Jose Saxophone Choir Newsletter
- Now that the holidays have passed, we are rehearsing for upcoming performances (probably April). We will keep our edge on standards in our library and try new music both purchased or arranged by our own team of saxologists.
- Welcome new members! We have many new members joining us, be sure to introduce yourself to anyone you don’t know. Our studio doors usually open by 7PM on rehearsal nights.
- Money! Our single most costly expense is rehearsal space. Donations received from performances help to cover some expenses, but we must ask that each member donate regularly to help keep us afloat. $30 each month shouldn’t be a hardship but if you really cant, give what you can. Follow this link to the members page on our website and setup a recurring donation to the group, or do it however you want, just help us please. We are a 501(C)(3) Public Non-Profit and your monetary donations are fully tax-deductible.
- Many service positions are available, including:
- Director – We need a conductor, playing is optional
- Music Librarian – Finale/Sibelius
- Treasurer – appropriate skillset
- Secretary – appropriate skillset
- Promoter – appropriate skillset
- Rehearsal setup/teardown
Attention Amazon Shoppers! Help support us by using Amazon Smile. There is no additional cost, Amazon is just giving to registered charitable groups like ours.
Click the link below and browse to select the San Jose Saxophone Choir. You may need to first select a "Spotlight Charity" and then search. If you're logged into Amazon first, the button below should take you directly to our link.
% of members donating any amount - Please help us get to 100%
The San Jose Saxophone Choir enjoys playing every instrument that the saxophone family provides. Laksar Reese, recording artist, SJSC player and CEO of International Woodwinds shared some of the companies pro-line horns with the SJSC.
Eric plays Mancini on the International Woodwinds Straight Alto